Sunday, September 7, 2008

Downata Hot Springs

One of our favorite days was spent at Downata Hot Springs in Downey, Idaho just 2 hours north of Salt Lake. We arrived at 9 o'clock since my Dad, brother and sister had to be there for a board meeting. So Nate and I volunteered to watch all their kids. We had 10 kids ranging in age from 1 to 11 that we were responsible for. We got to enjoy the big pool all to ourselves for an hour before it opened to the public at 10am. The kids enjoyed the waterslides, spray ground and the huge pool, all of which was filled with warm water.
















Simeon who is scared of the deeper water was so happy at the spray ground. The spray groung was right near the end of the big water slide. So while some of the little kids were playing at the spray ground I would just count everyone going up and coming down. All the kids could not get enough of the place. At the end little Laruen and Molly were going down the big waterslide all by themselves with their brothers making sure they were okay. It was so cute seeing everyone look out for one another. I was quite pround of all my neices and nephews and my children as well for getting along so well and helping each other. We all had a fabulous time and didn't leave until 4pm with everyone pretty well exausted.

4 comments:

Kadi said...

Fun! We totally missed out...oh well, there's always next time, right? We totally loved seeing you guys. We are so glad we planned our trip for when you would be in Utah too! What a great family...awesome kids and a fun Mom and Dad! Hope all is going well with school and all. We miss you guys!

Brandon and Carly said...

It sounds like you guys had a fun vacation, and I am happy to hear you survived driving back and forth from Cleveland to Utah. We have done that - - but there were 4 years in between! I don't know if we could have done it back to back!!!

We miss you guys (too)!

Anonymous said...

Hey Camilly, Claudia H. Here. I'm glad to find your blog. We miss your family so I'll come and visit once an a while!!
What a fun Vacation

Brad, Tracee and Brooks said...

We had SO much fun seeing you guys when you came to visit!!! I'm trying to catch up on my blogging and I'll post some pictures of our get-together soon! Thanks for remembering me on my birthday too-you are the best and I am so thankful for our friendship!!!